With temperatures rising above 30°C, I prefer having a salad for lunch. And since my friend @julielovesbeauty gave me an entire crate of fresh cherries, I have to get creative with those.
So today I made a tabbouleh, but used riced cauliflower instead of couscous, with makes it much healthier and less heavy.
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil
- zest of 1 orange
- 3 tbsp. fresh orange juice
- Himalayan salt and blackpepper to taste
- 3 cups cauliflower rice
- 2/3 pound cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 cucumber, sliced into thin rounds
- Handful of fresh basil (I used small leave basil)
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion (preferably red, but I ran out of those, so I used a yellow onion)
- In a small bowl combine the avocado oil, orange zest, and juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper then mix with a whisk until combined.
- In a large bowl combine the cauliflower rice and the dressing. Mix well.
- Add the cucumbers, basil, and onion to thebowl. Toss to combine then taste.
- Add tbe cherries and toss carefully as they will color the rice.
- Season with more salt and pepper if needed.