I really love adding fruit to a salad, and finding out great combinations.
I found delicious apricots at our local store, and since they’re extremely nutritious and have many health benefits, such as improved digestion and eye health, I wanted to incorporate them in a salad.Furthermore, this fruit is a decent source of beta carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin, all of which are potent antioxidants that help fight free radicals in your body.
- A handful of baby spinach
- 120 g Spanish butter beans (fagioli)
- 100 g roasted bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 2 apricots
- 120 g chickpeas (1/2 can, but I roast a complete can, and set the rest aside for snacking)
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tbsp crumbled feta
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the dressing ( you will have some left for tomorrow)
- 2. Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp. White balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. Mustard
- Black pepper and Himalayan Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Carefully dry the chickpeas. Removing the skins is optional and they will come off easily. The drier you get them, the crunchier they’ll be!
- In a medium bowl, add dried chickpeas, olive oil and cajun seasoning. Toss well to coat evenly.
- Spread chickpeas out on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Mix around on baking sheet and roast for additional 15-20 minutes, or until browned.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a non stick frying pan (without oil) and add the sliced apricots and cook for 30 seconds each side.
- Put the olive oil, vinegar, mustard and salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix well.
- Put baby spinach, beans, peppers and red onion in a bowl, drizzle some viaigrette over it, add the grilled apricots, the roasted chickpeas and the feta cheese.