It is way too hot to do any cooking, so I decided to make a simple tossed salad for lunch. Baby spinach, red cabbage, carrots, tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, walnuts and raspberries. The lemon myrtle dressing adds a delicate lemony touch to this salad.
A hard boiled egg is used to finish the dish, since eggs are rich in protein, low in calories, and they may boost the metabolism.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp Ground Lemon Myrtle
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Black pepper and Himalayan salt to taste
- Whisk vinegar, juice, honey and lemon myrtle in small bowl until combined.
- Gradually add oil in thin, steady stream, whisking constantly until combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.