Spiralized vegetables and meatballs are a match made in heaven. The Asian flavors of these teriyaki meatballs match perfectly with spiralized zucchini or butternut.
- 600 ground chicken
- 1 finely chopped red onion
- 2 finely chopped cloves of garlic
- 1 finely chopped spring onion
- 1 tbsp low salt soy sauce
- 1/4 tbsp turmeric powder
- Black pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients and form into small meatballs.
Make a sauce from 60 ml low salt soy sauce, 1 tbsp mirin, 1 tbsp sake, 1 cm of grated fresh ginger, 1 grated clove of garlic, 1 tbsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp agave syrup and 1 tsp sriracha hot chili sauce with garlic.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to the skillet and wait a few seconds for it to heat up.
- Carefully place the meatballs in the hot skillet and sear the bottom, about 2 minutes. Flip and swear the meatballs on the other side for 2 minutes, or until browned. Drizzle with the teriyaki sauce.
- Lower the heat to medium and cook the meatballs, flipping occasionally and drizzling them with the teriyaki sauce until they’re done (total cooking time will be between 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of your meatballs)