An easy to make super healthy breakfast, high in protein and fibre that’s really filling and so, so good.
For Chia Oatmeal
- 30g rolled oats
- 10g chia seeds
- 10g hemp seeds
- 200 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of cinnamon
For the Cinnamon Sautéed Apple
- 1/2 tsp of Kerrygold butter
- 1 Jonagold apple
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of coconut sugar (optional)
- 10 pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- To make the oatmeal, add all the oatmeal ingredients to a small pot and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently for 7-10 minutes until thick.
- To make the cinnamon sautéed apples, heat the butter in a good non-stick pan over medium high heat, then add the chopped apples and pecan nuts, pinch of coconut sugar (if using) and cinnamon.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until apples are almost tender, about 6 to 7 minutes.