I love crackers for breakfast, or as a snack in between, and no better crackers then those you make yourselves. For a punch in the flavor department and a stunning green color, I added kale powder to them.
- 50 g almond meal (best freshly grounded “soaked and dehydrated” almonds)
- 50 g sunflower seeds, roughly chopped
- 2 tbs. (yellow) flax seed
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. hemp seeds
- 100 ml lukewarm water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp. kale powder
- Grind the chia seeds to powder in a spice grinder.
- Mix all the ingredients together, and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes, until the mix starts to go clumpy, but not too thick. The ground chia will act as a binder.
- Spread the batter onto the teflex sheets of your dehydrator about 1/4″ thick, score the crackers to the desired size with a pizza cutter or knife. Press gently, you don’t want to cut your teflex sheet.
- Dehydrate at 63°C for 1 hour, then reduce to 46°C for 5 hours or until dry enough to remove from the teflex and place directly on the mesh sheets to continue the drying process. I usually just let them dry overnight.
- Store in an airtight container.