This delicious and wonderfully smooth soup perfectly combines tangy cooking apples and the sweetness from parsnips.
- 500 gr parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 yellow beetroot, peeled and chopped
- 1 small leek white, cut into rings
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1 cm fresh ginger, grated
- 1 l vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp. Indian curry powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large pan and fry the onion, garlic, leek and ginger for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, add the apple, parsnip and yellow beetroot and fry for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir occasionally.
- Add the vegetable stock and the curry powder and bring the soup to a boil. Cook, covered, for 15-20 minutes.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender, taste and season to taste with Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Garnish with some apple slices and sesame seeds.