The end of the month means participating in the foodblogswap. I got to chose a recipe from the blog waymadi.nl. Madelon is a multi cult foodie who was born and raised in the Northern Netherlands. Her family is a fusion of different roots and her husband is also an avid hobby cook. They cook halal and love to experiment with different world cuisines. Since April 2018 Madelon eats low-carb because of health reasons. She has a great recipe for golden flaxseed wraps, which I wanted to share with all of you.
- 200 g golden flaxseed
- 200 ml boiling water
- 4 grams of Himalayan salt
- Grind the flaxseed in a spice grinder/blender…. to get a really fine flour.
- Mix the flaxseed meal with the salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add the boiling water and stir well with a spatula until all the water is absorbed.
- Let the dough rest for 5-10 minutes. The water must be be fully absorbed and the structure of the linseed will have become softer.
- Divide the dough in 5 equal portions (80g each) and roll into small balls.
- Line the base and top of the tortilla press with a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Place a ball of dough in the center of the lined tortilla press base and lower the top of the press, push down the handle and open.
- Carefully remove the tortilla and bake it a a very hot, pre-heated and lightly greased cast-iron pan. When it begins to dry around the edges, flip over. The baking time is about 2 minutes.